Different approaches of telling stories about places and communities
Dominant Narrative (from above)
Counter-narratives (from below)
Exercise: How to "uncover" a told story?
What to do:
1. Watch the video “Visit Plovdiv and Come with Friends!”
2. Answer the following questions:
- How the City is “narrated” – how the image(s) of the city is/are constructed?
- What is the dominant approach of telling the story – time approach, space approach, time and space approach, other?
- What are the key words used to present the city?
Support your arguments with examples.
How verbal narrative corresponds with the visual one? What are the similarities and differences?
What we do understand and what we don’t understand about the City of Plovdiv from the video?